Saturday, April 17, 2010

Anthropologie pops up in Chelsea Market

Posted: April 17, 2010 -

alt

I see Anthropologie just opened a new store yesterday in Manhattan, this time it's in Chelsea Market at 75 Ninth Avenue. It boasts lines from local artists and designs exclusively sold at this store.

Wendy Wurtzburger, co President and Chief Merchandising officer for the brand reflects that each Manhattan store has a different style and persona.

"It's a great way for us to express ourselves in the community", she chirps.

alt

There are pieces sourced from Parisian Flea Markets which would be enough to draw me there for a start. On the downside, every other Anthro I've been in has their own distinctive pong that I'm not sure they mean to emanate. It's kind of essence of hippy with a dash of jostick and a sprig of summer festival thrown in for good measure. Strangely it's not strong enough to deter me from entering their stores but it has made me perfect the art of breathing through my mouth whilst in there in order to achieve my shopping goals.

alt

Apparently the new London store in Regent Street is not smelly at all - maybe it's a culture thing....

If you liked this post, take a peek at some more from Notes from a Stylist

Work, Rest and Play in a Shirt Dress this Summer

Stylish New Magazines

Spring Clean your Style on Running with Heels.com

Posted via email from Big Apple Brits - British Expats, Anglophiles and Brit Culture Lovers New York City

No comments:

Post a Comment